• Register Today It's free!

DPFE location?

pabs

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Exp Sport Trac
Hello everyone! New to the site, and have a question about the location of the Differential Pressure Feedback Sensor, on a 2001 Sport Trac 4.0 L . I was told it was on the drivers side of the engine, and quite visible. I saw nothing that looked like the part I purchased, which when I checked a picture of the DPFS on-line, looks like the part I have in hand. I could'nt seem to find a diagram of the engine that I did'nt have to pay almost a hundred bucks for. Hoping ya'all could help. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have a 2001 model, is it a Job 1 or a Job 2?

Here's a Job 1 photo I stole from John Rock:
EmissionComponents01Job1.jpg

and here's a 02 (same as 01 Job 2) of mine:
EmissionComponents01Job2later.jpg

Job 1 / Job 2 crossover date = June 24th, 2000 and I think Job 1's have black face gauges while Job 2's have white face.

Yes Steve.. is that thing to be held down at all on the job 2s? Mine just has the tubes going into it supporting it.

I believe mine is job 2, and thanks for the pics of both. You're help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again Steve, and i'm Paul by the way, good to meet you.

Yes Steve.. is that thing to be held down at all on the job 2s? Mine just has the tubes going into it supporting it.

Honestly Brad, I don't know. I think it just sits on the tubes. I've had my truck all to pieces but under the hood ...... no, just now getting 3500 miles and time to change the oil. Nice having a company vehicle & not buying gas to commute but I'd love to drive my Trac more. Bought it 5/15/09, tagged it 10/01/09.

I believe mine is job 2, and thanks for the pics of both. You're help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again Steve, and I'm Paul by the way, good to meet you.

Welcome aboard Paul. This is a great place to hang out!

Good thread i could of used this months ago.

Back