First Gen mod pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First Gen mod pics

I only have a few mods

Explorer-Flex-New-Tires-4.jpg

Ef-no-doors-3.jpg

Explorer-on-trails.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a nice clean rig Hoss, but those shackles look a little iffy.

Thanks, yea the shackles were cheapo's at the local parts store. My rear end is lower than the front with the shackles. Got any ideas on better shackles or how to lift up the rear a bit??

I am running those cheap shackles and I beat the hell out of them with no problems so far.

ive been running those autozone shackles for 2 years and no problems.. and back when i had my 2" kit i poped in some $30 dollar add a leafs from summit. they worked great

That is the cleanest looking chop on the back roof I have ever seen. Got any more pics of what you did? What all did you use back there?

edit: Nevermind, found your thread on it

Here's mine, nothing too wild as it's my DD. Chopped top, 2" lift, 10.5x33x15 KM2's, homebuilt bumpers, winch.

I like it!
any more pics of the chop job?

pretty much what I had been thinking about doing with mine for the longest time.... Though, I was gonna just use the whole tailgate as the back, glass and all.... I am starting to think I like it better your way, where you only use the top half and then put in the flat rear window and built a rear bulkhead, since it gives you a larger bed, and the beds aren't that big to begin with.... ahhh decisions decisions.

Who knows, I may still do it with the whole tailgate so that I can leave the extra room in the cab behind the rear seats and so I don't have to fab as many extra parts. Would be nice to still have a place inside the part of the vehicle that is heated where I can keep emergency supplies like blankets and such.

you should put a cone filter on your ex it helps with throttle response

How much for your bumber...Will it hold a winch?

It would be helpful if people would put their vehicle info (lift amount, tire size) when they post pics. :thumbsup:

Also, I would like to make friends with fellow forum members in AZ. I don't have a lot of buddies with 4WD vehicles, so would like to find some wheeling buddies.
I am in the phoenix area, and I would love to go wheeling again. My last serious offroading trip was up crown king in 2007 :(

turdle your truck greatly inspires me. keep up the good work man.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here is mine
5" lift
extended raduis arms soa

IMG-20120527-00149.jpg

Back