Explorers in the Snow | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorers in the Snow

sadly i have no pics as of yet but we got 18 inches first storm and about 24 this time and together its one hell load of snow =p my ex has been handling it perfectly i even towed the 5 ton dually izuzu at work today through snow that it got stuck in haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

trail riding at the badlands last weekend

P1010870.jpg

Sick looking ex wrigley I always liked the sports lifted

4 more inches so far today. calling for up to 5 more by tomorrow morning! this is the snowiest winter around here as far as i can remember.

snow pile climbin of course =p
495447015_1740785201_0.jpg
[

and not of my ex. but this is how the roads were in the begining of the first storm =o

495448031_1740789026_0.jpg

(i like the snow covered hood =p)

nice pics guys

Sick looking ex wrigley I always liked the sports lifted

thanks. i'm still looking at doing either a superlift or trailmaster lift and then throwing my 35's on it.:cool: or maybe i'll just skip the extra lift and just do some more trimming of the fenders. who needs fenders any way:D

im kinda late on this but ill post it anyways. its nowhere near the snow you guys have in your pics but i do live in south alabama haha
dora.jpg

I haven't had my X long enough for it too see snow. lol :D Soon as winter starts up this thread can get some posts. I'll be sure to take a few snow pictures of my X.

I hope the mounty is done before we get snow. I wanna take it up to the mountains where it belongs. I just know that if I rush to get it done we wont get a single flake of snow! It's just my luck!

I hope the mounty is done before we get snow. I wanna take it up to the mountains where it belongs. I just know that if I rush to get it done we wont get a single flake of snow! It's just my luck!

What you doing to your mounty that its going to be a while?
I notice whenever I get new tires it never snows a lot... :(

What you doing to your mounty that its going to be a while?
I notice whenever I get new tires it never snows a lot... :(

He's doing a straight axle swap front and rear;)

He's doing a straight axle swap front and rear;)

Thanks. :thumbsup: Somewhere I remember reading that now that you said it. I want to know how that turns out.

So, what are the best snow tires out there?

TireRack.com has great reviews on snow tires.

No snow up here in WI yet. Just picked up some molded mud flaps that I gotta get installed before it starts to fly though. I don't mind driving in the snow even with the "all-season" tires. X goes through like it's nothing.

picture.php

picture.php

Brrrr dude. That's why I live here:

7d5f0d49.jpg

Just trying to warm up the thread :)

this is from last year, but the ex walked through quite a bit in just 2wd

IMAG0549.jpg

245/65r17's with just a 1.5" body lift at that time

and hush brian, you're just jealous of our 4wd :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kazer said:
and hush brian, you're just jealous of our 4wd :D

Hell yeah I am, but it's SO hard to hear me whine about it over the sound of my V8.....

:D

Back