New 2014 Ford Explorer Sport Owner! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 2014 Ford Explorer Sport Owner!

LIVIO

Reaction score
City, State
York Region, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Ford Explorer Platinum
Hello everyone, well I did it. I was going to buy a 2014 Jeep SRT but.....

After owning a 2001 Ford Windstar Sport, followed by a 2004 Ford Freestar Sport, I cheated with another brand in 2007 (GM), currently a 2011 Ford Edge Sport, I have ordered a fully loaded (except the DVD's) 2014 Ford Explorer Sport (CDN).

Anyway, I look forward to learning from other Explorer owners as I also did with Edge owners.

I am located just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and have dealt with the same Ford dealer from day one.

Livio :ca:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everyone, well I did it. I was going to buy a 2014 Jeep SRT but.....

After owning a 2001 Ford Windstar Sport, followed by a 2004 Ford Freestar Sport, I cheated with another brand in 2007 (GM), currently a 2011 Ford Edge Sport, I have ordered a fully loaded (except the DVD's) 2014 Ford Explorer Sport (CDN).

Anyway, I look forward to learning from other Explorer owners as I also did with Edge owners.

I am located just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and have dealt with the same Ford dealer from day one.

Livio :ca:
Welcome to the Forum LIVIO.:wavey:
If you want to get a status update on your order, you can send a PM (Private Message) to Crystal, on of the Ford reps that monitor these threads.
Just look for a post by FordService, click on that name and chose the "Send a private message..." option. She will require need your order number and your dealership name/location. If you have already been given a VIN, I can use that too.
Depending on when you placed you order, it may be too early yet to get the info but she will do her best.
The waiting is the hard part. :):thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks Peter, I already did! LOL.

Hi Livio

What made you decide to go with the Explorer Sport vs the 2014 Jeep SRT? I was pretty set on a new sport but I am now having second thoughts and thinking about getting the SRT instead due to more power and the new 8 speed tranny.

I did a lot of research and narrowed my search down to 3 vehicles. All 2014's.

1) Jeep SRT, 2) Ford Explorer Sport, 3) Hyundai Santa Fe XL.

Let's start of with the Hyundai, nice but not nice enough. Plus, not North American.

The Ford Explorer Sport, not perfect as I would have liked all of the options of the Sport and the Limited in one vehicle.

Lastly, the Jeep SRT, definitely the fastest, nicest wheels, etc BUT at a huge premium over the Ford Explorer Sport.

What really killed the SRT besides the high cost to buy and for fuel was that I had spoken to 4 different dealerships that were referred to me since I have never owned a Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep before. One of the dealers never called me back at all. Another was ok but knew very little. Another dealership again knew very little and would e-mail me incorrect information as the options I wanted were marked as "Late Availability" (they still are) and the last dealership was so RUDE, I will never buy a vehicle from them ever! I absolutely blasted the General Manager after he sent me an e-mail that was so inappropriate that I could call Chrysler and file a formal complaint against them. :fire:

So, this should explain that I will stick with the Ford and GM dealers in my area that have always treated me well with any vehicle purchase.

At the end of the day it comes down to CUSTOMER SERVICE and PRODUCT!

Livio :salute:

seriously,
if we dont start a category regarding dealerships, the dealerships will never get better.
This Forum shows up multiple times on any web search, I bet it would make a difference, and fast too.

Cmaaan post the email. Do it as a link to an image of the email, so no one can say its not the real deal.

There is a thread about dealerships but it for the Good ones.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379200&highlight=dealership

Peter

oh I know there are threads, I mean an entire category.
So right here, we could have an additional category:
Ex 5th Gen Stock
Ex Tech
Ex mods
Ex Ford Dealership Experiences (new!)

It would fill with stories and comments, good and bad, with mention of at least city and dealership name through out,
I bet it would really help change some of the dealerships around.

...having said that, the dealerships do not fare well at sites like Yelp, so
who knows? They keep on doing what they do.

but if this happened at all the leading car forums, it would have to help.
..and make for a lot of trolls and fake posts im sure as well, but it would be a start.

Lol as I was in process of trading my 2012 pilot for the new Srt and wound up with a 2013 sport for similar reasons. I loved the jeep as the just the steering wheel alone is amazing. But I have two dogs and a 7 yr old so I know I would not want anyone touching or getting a speck if dirt in the car. Plus the 20k premium wasn't justifiable and the sport has 3 rows. In blk/blk it looks bad ass and drives great. Very happy.

Lol as I was in process of trading my 2012 pilot for the new Srt and wound up with a 2013 sport for similar reasons. I loved the jeep as the just the steering wheel alone is amazing. But I have two dogs and a 7 yr old so I know I would not want anyone touching or getting a speck if dirt in the car. Plus the 20k premium wasn't justifiable and the sport has 3 rows. In blk/blk it looks bad ass and drives great. Very happy.

I would find it justifiable. But a pilot to srt? I don't even think you could compare the srt to an ex sport. Run flat tires? More tech? Massive v8? Adaptive suspension? Tow 7,400lbs? It is downright sex. Compare it to the Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5M. Then tell me a what premium you can justify the price ;)

Converted 21,

In order over the last three years: 2007 325i, 2007 X5 4.4, 2011 X6 5.0 (my favorite), 2011 Toureg, 2008 Audi S4, 2012 Pilot, 2013 Explorer Sport... a lot of cars in a short period of time. This list does not include the 911 and other fun cars I have had as well.

The point I was making is yes, it can be rationalized that paying 20K plus for the SRT would be worth it for the reasons stated, but THEN take into account dogs scratching it up and seats, no third row, 30 miles roundtrip on 25 mph streets 5 days a week (wouldn't allow for much use of the engine), harsh winters up here (the cars get trashed) and a kid with ice cream, crackers, shoes on seats, etc..the list can go on, that I couldn't and included they are having similar issues with their Uconnect like people are having with the MFT.

In addition it came down to the dealers as well. They knew nothing about their product! Hell, I knew more about the Grand Cherokee, including the SRT than the collective sales team, including the management! And the ultimate pisser...I saw a sign on a sales persons desk that said: "The car you test drove today, might not be the car available tomorrow." Pathetic sales tactics! And your paying $65K plus for a Jeep. The car is great, the franchise - horrible. And yes a used Cayenne turbo or X5M might be my next if I ever get tired of the Sport.

csimon

Back