Flash

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brisbane Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Limited
20151128_173143_zpsdgjlinwv.jpg

As you can see it's burnt from the egr. This hose just terminates, where is it supposed to go?

20151128_172939%202_zpsipntbvjt.jpg

This one is a bit harder to see.
This is under the battery on what Americans would call the driver's side.

There's 2 hose nipples, one is that white part you can see; there's a hose coming up from underneath that has a corresponding broken nipple in it.

There was a hose about 18 inches long going nowhere attached to the other nipple.

I think from what i can see in the bottom pic, that is the vapor canister purge valve. there is a hose that goes from that valve up to the intake somewhere. this takes gas vapors from the evap canister into the intake. I'm surprised you are not getting any evap leak codes.

I think from what i can see in the bottom pic, that is the vapor canister purge valve. there is a hose that goes from that valve up to the intake somewhere. this takes gas vapors from the evap canister into the intake. I'm surprised you are not getting any evap leak codes.

I probably am but the check engine light has been on permanently because I don't have a speedo transponder hooked up.

I might have it worked out now.
The hose with the broken piece of nipple obviously goes on the broken nipple of that thing in the second pic.

The other (black) nipple had a red hose on it probably going to that cooked hose in the top pic.

Back