Hey from Russia! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey from Russia!

Hey guys! I'm from Russia, so please sorry for my english :hammer:
May you notice that we got theese old trucks here and even trying to drive it? :D
Mine 1st gen explorer pics, it almost stock, wheels are stock with 31" BFGoodrich:

Keep us informed about your Russian Explorer. Your springs don't look like they're sagging. For 31 BFG's on stock springs that's a lot of clearance from your pics.

I should know I used to run that setup and I had a little more sag, particularly on the driver's side because of driver + fuel. Your truck is sitting up nicely though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Russian UAZ trucks are really fun, the best thing with them - is the price for parts, very cheap here. Can't say that about Ford and other:( E.g. i need a pushrod and lifter set to rebuild (because of noice), the price of it + shipping cost is about $200, that equal about 15000 rubles, it is about 1/2 of average monthly salary.
About my truck - yeasterday i took it from shop, where was rebuilidng my A4LD. I cant' drive on ice and snow on this MT BFGoodrich (yeah, there is still ice and snow here, weather don't care about that is almost April and it's gonna be warm :D)
Also, i've noticed that 1st gear doesn't work, maybe it's governor, i don't know, now i'll wait for a good weather to drive back to service box and fix that.
Also the noticed oil lick from left head on the back side of engine, so at last i found where all my oil was going))

Here is my temrorary Ford replacement :D

cf3eaaas-960.jpg

beaaas-960.jpg

About my Ford, i'm planning little 2" lift, i've already get spring metal coils and long spring shackles.

Looks like those:

9dc6312s-960.jpg

dd8635as-960.jpg

Today I've noticed that my first gear works perfectly) So that was pretty good news for me. We've met with friends, guy on Lincoln also have a nice old fashioned F350 truck, but it need a little fix, so he came on towncar)
Can't add photo from my Windows phone, I'll try later)

Nice lookin shackles! That's similar to what I am doing.

Yeah, some kind of cheap tuning))

Met with friends couple of days ago))
Nice looking F150, mate on Lincoln also have a good old fashion F350 truck with amazing big block!
bccb26s-960.jpg

63ccb26s-960.jpg

Back