Does anybody know what this hose is | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anybody know what this hose is

Docflo79

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 explorer eddie b. v8
Hi, I removed the intake manifold and I found a hose back by the firewall that is capped off with what looks like one of those plastic push retainers that usually hold plastic/rubber panels and stuff. Does anybody know what it is? If its supposed to be capped off? Thanks
05 explorer eddie v8 4.6

08BCEA64-9F0E-49B4-9C76-D9EA3E9C8950.jpeg

6E7C9D4D-678B-4A43-80A2-9DCADF424091.jpeg

B0D25FA5-15DE-469E-83D0-4D16D778D457.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is in the same location as my transmission vent tube. It should not be plugged, but usually they have a clip and the hose turns back towards itself. Where does it end up plugging into?

Are you doing intake manifold and if so, is it original?

The DPFE was integrated into the EGR valve block with the move to CAN Bus in the 04 MY for the 4.6. 02-03 had a different EGR setup with the DPFE sensor and EGR valve block being two separate entities.

The 02-03 setup would have two stubby hoses coming off the small tubes running to the main EGR pipe.

The 04-05 setup only has the main pipe no hoses or small tubes.

Is there a chance you can snap a pic of one of the intake ports showing carbon buildup and the corresponding intake valve? I am curious on buildup of carbon.

Back