• Register Today It's free!

Information needed please.

Gsauceman

Reaction score
City, State
Morristown, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
Can anyone tell me what would have been mounted here (see picture). The opening is 9 3/4 x 11 3/4. This is a 2006 Explorer XLT that I purchased as a project for me and my stepson for him to drive in a couple of years. This Explorer does have rear heat so I’m not sure if it was for that or not. Thanks for any assistance.
571F012F-40E1-424F-B3CF-3EFC7A523D18.jpeg
C5AF909E-1340-4BF5-A67D-CFB7FB43C347.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are there any electrical connectors at the opening? If not them I vote for someone just cut a hole there for some unknown reason. I have a media center there but it is a lot wider than the hole you show and you should see some electrical plugs there to connect it. The same goes for any climate controls. Also, it looks like someone drew an outline of the hole that was cut. I don't think this would be there if it was from the factory or that the edges would be as ruff cut as they are showing in the photos.

Are there any electrical connectors at the opening? If not them I vote for someone just cut a hole there for some unknown reason. I have a media center there but it is a lot wider than the hole you show and you should see some electrical plugs there to connect it. The same goes for any climate controls. Also, it looks like someone drew an outline of the hole that was cut. I don't think this would be there if it was from the factory or that the edges would be as ruff cut as they are showing in the photos.
I’ve dug around and couldn’t feel or see any wires or connections.

Looks like an aftermarket DVD player installed and the previous owner took it out.

Yep, aftermarket DVD screen. I did same thing in my old dodge. No wires because the previous guy pulled them.

Or he never finished the install :)

DVD player. They too it out along with the wires.

Thanks for the reply’s. I may just come up with a way in covering the hole up. My step son will soon be 16 and doesn’t need a DVD player lol.

Thanks for the reply’s. I may just come up with a way in covering the hole up. My step son will soon be 16 and doesn’t need a DVD player lol.
Put another DVD player in there. So when he asks a girl out on a date to the drive in theater.....

What could go wrong :thumbsup:

The hole looks big enough to install a Fantastic Fan made for an RV. Image the ventilation it would provide. ;)

Can anyone tell me what would have been mounted here (see picture). The opening is 9 3/4 x 11 3/4. This is a 2006 Explorer XLT that I purchased as a project for me and my stepson for him to drive in a couple of years. This Explorer does have rear heat so I’m not sure if it was for that or not. Thanks for any assistance. View attachment 325090View attachment 325091
I used t have a stock '04 Expedition, and that is where the rear seat entertainment system was mounted

Back