SOHC Noise | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOHC Noise

ran it again, let it warm all the way up and what not, listening the whole time. let it hot soak a bit then restarted (where it did it last time) but i couldnt get it to do it again. not too sure.... hmmm... i popped the cap and everything, listening for anything, but it just purred like a kitten like it always has. not too sure what to do about it, should i stlll change the tensioners? put em n 2y/10k ago. it got all the way warm up to operating temp, listened all around and what not, under neath both sides everything, cant hear a thing thats not the cat tapping like always

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ran it again, let it warm all the way up and what not, listening the whole time. let it hot soak a bit then restarted (where it did it last time) but i couldnt get it to do it again. not too sure.... hmmm... i popped the cap and everything, listening for anything, but it just purred like a kitten like it always has. not too sure what to do about it, should i stlll change the tensioners? put em n 2y/10k ago. it got all the way warm up to operating temp, listened all around and what not, under neath both sides everything, cant hear a thing thats not the cat tapping like always
10k miles, they should be still good, closer to 100k is when I'd be swapping them out just in case, usually they last s good while, usually. Ya check for the exhaust leak yet?

10k miles, they should be still good, closer to 100k is when I'd be swapping them out just in case, usually they last s good while, usually. Ya check for the exhaust leak yet?
checked all around sprayed with the "soapy wooder" all over warm cold and no nothing i can see bubbling. and if it was leaking i couldnt hear it, exhaust too loud to hear leaks LOL. but it doesnt sound like anything. video will be up shortly, yes another google drive one LOL

Need a suggestion box for Fix4Dirt
1. Post videos to YouTube
great! :D your feedback will take ~20 years to process :D kidding, i oughta figure out how to do that someday... for now its easy enough to upload to google drive, no clue how to do that with YouTube...

as you can see im not extraordinarily technically inclined, i can code AI, and wrench. but i cant figure out uploads......... :)

this suggestion box gonna fill up fast...

There might be videos on YouTube explaining how to upload videos to YouTube. A Google search will yield some good results too.

There might be videos on YouTube explaining how to upload videos to YouTube. A Google search will yield some good results too.
good point, ill figure it out!

updating nearly 6 mo later. hasnt come back... no idea, some rogue noise? darth vader breathing? the X gods telling me something? new intelligent life trying to figure out engines? a figment of my imagination? we may never know :)

updating nearly 6 mo later. hasnt come back... no idea, some rogue noise? darth vader breathing? the X gods telling me something? new intelligent life trying to figure out engines? a figment of my imagination? we may never know :)
Darth Xploder

:D

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 3.53.58 PM.png

Back