• Register Today It's free!

Check engine light

Kennyvee

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson AS
Year, Model & Trim Level
09 Ford Explorer Sportrac
I have a 2009 Explorer Sport trac 4.0 2wd, check engine light. 1st obd code po443, then po135, 141, 155, 161, 403. Runs the same as always, no change in mpg. Anybody have this or know what it could be? Any help is very greatly appreciated!

IMG_1303.jpeg

IMG_1302.jpeg

IMG_1301.jpeg

IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_1299.jpeg

IMG_1298.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I had a similar issue with my explorer. Took it to Ford garage and they said my PCM has partially failed. picked one up for a couple of hundred dollars, got it programmed and now fixed.

I'm new here, but I had the same exact codes you are getting. Sent my PCM to SIA in Illinois for repair, about 250 I think with shipping, they repaired it and shipped it back, no reprogramming necessary. Cured all my check engine lights.

IMO, you likely have one issue in your emission control system that is tripping all these codes. The first thing I would do is check and/or replace your gas cap as a first step.

Always check to make sure your battery is up to snuff. Low juice can do all kinds of weird stuff. So in other words, check the easy stuff first.

Back