fuel rail hose thread??

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
Does any one know what thread the fuel inlet nipple is? Also what thread the outlet on the fpr is? Where the fuel lines connect? It looks to be 3/8npt or -6an for the inlet and 1/4npt or -4an for the outlet. .I have a spare rail but just haven't had time to take it anywhere, so hoping someone already knew.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check page 14 of ahodges 5.0 swap. I can't cut paste on my phone. There are hints there. Not all will be the same, but some will.

I know I have seen it somewhere. Just can't find it:(

Do advanced search by user 'ahodges' with keyword '5.0'. It's his build thread with 4406, you will see it

Do advanced search by user 'ahodges' with keyword '5.0'. It's his build thread with 4406, you will see it

He did almost exactly what I'm doing.but I have all the parts for the tank, lines, filter and all that.I need to know what thread the fuel rail is so I can connect my new lines to it.the new main line is -6an but don't know what the nipple is on a stock ohv fuel rail.if its -6an I'm good but if its npt ill have to get an adaptor. He used an aftermarket feul rail that was (-6an) so his new lines bolted right up.

Sucks to see stock feed is 5/16 and not 3/8.but glad to see someone else already do this and work nicely

Hang on....I might be able to help.

Feed side m16x1.5
20130911_212642_LLS_zps34ab2809.jpg

Fpr side m14x1.5
20130911_212756_LLS_zpsd80c483b.jpg

Feed,-6an line connects to the tank then goes to a -6an in/out filter then to the fuel rail but don't know what end I need
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/rus-644120

Then I'm using the stock 5/16 feed line and 3/8 frame coupler as the return.then I just need to extend the line from the frame rail to new tank..this plugs into the stock line coupler then ill need 4feet of -6an line to connect the two
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/rus-640940

Then connects to this at the tank

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/rus-641300

It's not an an fitting. I'll get a pic uploaded.

Oops, too late

I think I'll be doing this since my tank will be down anyway. I'm regurnless, so it should be easier....thanks for the links. It helps

Those fittings on the fuel rail are not an style fittings. Its my understanding that an an fitting has the 45 degree bevel on it.

Here's a chart for thread sizes.
http://www.gre6.com/ansize

So, an6 is a thread of 9/16-18 SAE

More to come tomorrow.....

Im still trying to figure this out also, so don't take me as 100%

I think that an female connectors can be used on male npt connectors just fine with a bit of pipe dope to seal the threads.

your right, there is some craziness with these fittings.

Im still trying to figure this out also, so don't take me as 100%

I think that an female connectors can be used on male npt connectors just fine with a bit of pipe dope to seal the threads.

your right, there is some craziness with these fittings.

Yea just so few get up to the point of needing larger lines that there isn't a lot of info.its just if I'm doing it I wanna do it right right off the bat, don't wanna run into lean conditions because of lines or pump.something that simple could cause real problems with high hp or nos apps:(

Well found out one thing today.the hard line on the sender are 3/8 feed and 5/16 return.which is a good thing.why ford necks them down right after the hard lines to 5/16 feed and 1/4 return is crazy.I'm off to pepboys then my local speed shop to try and find the thread for the fuel rail.pepboys is pretty nice around here, they took like half the store and made it into a speed shop.its not like your normal pepboys or say advance or auto zone or whatever.

^^^see above

Back