• Register Today It's free!

air bag code 4 7

yellowbike

Reaction score
City, State
lynn, ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt step side 4x4
I posted this in another forum, but maybe this is a better place since it is a Ranger.

I'm gettin an air bag code 4 7 that flashes, any thought as what might be causeing it. I really don't want to have to take it to the dealer.

Thansk,
:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Post a single thread and mods will move it if it is in the wrong place...;)

...This is what I found, I hope it helps...:dunno:

The restraints control module (RCM) monitors the resistance of the circuit to the passenger safety belt pretensioner. If the RCM detects a resistance that is out of the range on the passenger safety belt pretensioner circuits, it will store diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1881 or B1886 in memory and flash, depending on the fault indicator, and lamp fault code (LFC) 47 depending on the fault (or higher priority code if one exists) on the air bag indicator.

Fault Conditions

The RCM monitors for the following fault conditions:

low resistance.
high resistance.
circuit open.
Possible Causes

A safety belt pretensioner fault can be caused by:

damaged wiring, terminals or connectors.
a faulted pretensioner.
a faulted RCM.

In plain English, the passenger seat belt buckle/pretensioner assembly is more than likely inoperative and needs to be replaced, unless the circuit to it is open. Hope this helps.

That is the code for incorrect resistance on the seatbelt pretensioner circuit (code 46 driver side, code 47 passenger side). It is a common problem and is usually caused by a poor connection under the seat. Turn off the ignition, open the connector, clean the pins and reassemble. Applying dielectric grease to the pins should make the repair last longer. In rare cases, the connector might need to be replaced.

It is a good idea to avoid storing things under the seats because contact with the connectors can sometimes trigger the poor connection.

worked!

THANK YOU BOTH, IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM, NO MORE FLASHIN LIGHTS\

:thumbsup:

...Take your cap lock off, haha...:D

...Congrats on your fix...:biggthump

Cool :thumbsup:

Back