02 Sport Trac Dual Exhaust | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Sport Trac Dual Exhaust

Gjone300zx

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 02' Sport Trac 2WD. I was thinking about doing a dual exhaust on it. Got any recommendations?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was told by the exhaust shop I went to that there is not enough room underneath to run duels. But thats just what I was told, it may be possible though. I just got a single flowmaster 40 dumped

A body lift definetly helps as well as removing the spare from under the bed to run 2.5" pipes. You can run 2" pipes without any lift or removing the spare, just find a compentant shop that knows what their doing. Basani used to make a dual kit but no longer does. HeartThrob makes a dual kit and uses the exhaust tips as the mufflers, Travis Stevens has this kit on his. They sell it thru JCWhitney.

I plan on redoing my exhaust one day but for now I'll just keep the one I have. It's okay.

cobra, i had someone say the same exact thing to me, i got fed up and did a flow 40 with and used the original exhaust and just replaced the muffler.

Thanks everybody for you inputs. I think I am going to stick with the single exhaust with a Flowmaster 40

Great info from you all
Thanks

If you haven't bought the muffler yet I'd strongly suggest getting either a spintech or MagnaFlow. The Flowmasters give too much drone throughout the RPM range with our v6's. I had one on mine with duals and it was seriously deafening, plus the Flowmasters rust out way too fast (mine lasted less then two years before it rotted out and the body/ pipes).

I would second on the spintech. I have the spintech 9000 and love it and it was only about 90$. Nice deep tone. You just cant dump it right behind your cab. I did that and the drone was unbearable. Run it all the way to the back.

i had single in and dual out 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport and it sounded awesome

Back