Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
topless.jpg

And so it begins.... :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what's in the works this time?

come on cory, grab a nuddie mag or search the internet next time you feel anxious..........................no need to just go chopping on the X!

Robb

Originally posted by XLT_66
what's in the works this time?

Shorten the wheelbase 15" from 122" to 107."

Change up the rear suspension links.

Box the frame, hack the rear part off, and tube it out.

Get it competition ready.

i can't even believe thats an explorer wow

Well, I got to watch this.

Get it competition ready.

So does this mean you want to compete with it now? I don`t want to search for the other quote, but I believe you had a sour outlook on competitions like Rock climbing, what with all the stress of being timed and lose points every time ya wanna back up.

At the time the vehicle wasn't meant to be in a competition. The wheelbase was too long and it was too heavy.

I was also under a false impression of competitions since I had never been to one before. Now that I have, it's changed my opinion on them.

Plus it's wicked advertising for the shop.

Cory,
All that we ask is that you always register it as a FORD EXPLORER!

and you have some "www.explorer4x4.com" stickers on it!

Dead Link Removed

so much for the eddie bauer leather seats and nice trim. looks like an xl to me now! :p

Your Explorer originally had a 122" wheelbase?

ya he extended it awhile ago, but now he wants to shorten it again

Originally posted by GJarrett
Your Explorer originally had a 122" wheelbase?

It does at the moment.

Stock it is 111." I lengthened it when I was first building it because I thought it would be a good WB to run. I was wrong. It's too long.

So I am changing it! :D

wow, THAT is exactly why the offroading stuff doesn't appeal to me.

wow, THAT is exactly why the offroading stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Please clarify, What is the "THAT" that you are talking about.
Ryan

hahahaha Thats funny. Cory you scared this guy away from modding his Ex for off road for good!!! hehehehehe

Oh man thats funny......

You dont have to chop your Explorer in half and turn it into a buggy like Cory did to go off road, but it sure helps!!!!! Tkae a look around you.....

Oh and THAT is exaclty why no 4x4 should ever be lowered and made to go on the street.....but we can shoot opinions at each other all day..........

Heres a pic of what the final outcome should look like, i got the pic from the ranger board.

crlchoped.jpg

Should have just got a BII you can call it the XII

hehehehe looks great! I like it!

Man thats far from being an Explorer, but hey what rock crawler buggy isnt far from being original. You will be the ONLY guy ever to enter a Explorer into these things.......

Are you gonna build another?

Originally posted by Ryan1
Should have just got a BII you can call it the XII

Well Ryan1 they are discussing this on the ranger board, pretty much to sum up what CoryL said is that it is easier for him to shorten the explorers 120"(or so) wheelbase than to extend the BII's 97" wheelbase PLUS the Explorer is a better Grocery getter than the BII

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im gonna try to find a way to post up some pictures of some sweet rangers we saw on the dresser run im pretty sure its close to what cory is doing. the wheel base had been drastically shortened and these guys were running rockwells and 44in swampers the other one was running 60s and 44in bogers
I belive one of them even had 4 wheel steering.
We told them about the sight and they had never heard of it. I have to see if jim got some Digital pics if not I will have to find someone with a scanner.

I have som cool pics of one rolling over onto its side

Ryan

Back