02-05 tail lense conversion to 06+... help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02-05 tail lense conversion to 06+... help!

Having a small problem. Bought a set of factory taillights for my 03 XLT that came from a salvaged 07. These fit right into my older explorer nicely except for the reverse bulbs. Gives my truck a nice refreshed look. The bulb in the reverse socket is waaay too big and wont fit into the hold of the 06 model. Any suggestions? I cant find that output bulb with a smaller glass size. Im not technically advanced by any means. But I do know that everything else fits nicely and my truck looked like it was an 08! I already have clears in the front and am looking to upgrade to nicer headlights later. Wish somone made projectors. Now to the foglights... there are projector style available on ebay but I am looking to do a striaght swap. I dont want to mess with the computer and/or wiring or put in another switch to turn these on- i want everything to look factory. Is this just a straight swap?? I have those cheap $20 blue wanna be xenon lights from ebay. they dont look bad but they dont provide any improvement in seeing at night- infact, may be worse... I just noticed that the 06+ models have that upper reflector that lights up with the lights. I dont think i'll be able to use that, but its not really a big deal. Also, anyone know of somone to custom make me a grill??? I was to make one with the 3 bar theme with the huge logo that Ford is starting to come out with in the newer cars... dont know if it would look good or not. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Back