02 Explorer o/d light blinking check engine on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Explorer o/d light blinking check engine on

rusty0203

Reaction score
City, State
Adairsville Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
One day about two months ago the o/d light started blinking on my 02 explorer with the 5r55s but after switching the car off and restarting it didnt return at least immediately. At this time there were no apparent shift or tranny issues of any kind so i dismissed it as dash light problem, I know newbie mistake huh. All was well for about three weeks and out of the blue on the Highway one day and at about 78 mph rpms were around 2900 and apparently it hadnt shifted into o/d so when it finally did or maybe it didnt but there was a hard thump and the o/d blinking and ses light came on immediately. I moved to slow lanes and exited the highway within 1 1/2 miles. When codes were read i got the PO745 solenoid B malfunction. the tranny after the highway incident has 1-2 shift issues and no o/d. even after replacing the solenoid block,fluid,and filter and doing the code removal and relearning gears the ses light is back on and constant and the o/d light starts blinking as soon as tranny tries to shift into o/d but never succeeds. Can anyone tell me what else could be causing these symptoms. the current mileage is 213,000 but tranny was rebuilt at around 165,000. HELP!!!

Back