02 Explorer Remove Door Panel & PW Switch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Explorer Remove Door Panel & PW Switch

beertracker

Reaction score
City, State
Houston TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Rear power window has a problem so I need to remove the rear door inner panel and rear door power window switch. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,
BT :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem. :biggthump

Be sure to let us know how you make out.

rear power window

No problem getting the door panel off. The problem is with the regulator. It's a sheath covered cable with a plastic connector on the end; the connector is broken. The motor spins in each direction but the cable appears to bind up. I stopped by O'Reilly auto parts and they want $132 for a motor & regulator. They do not list the regulator as being sold by it self.

The motor drives a right angle gear box that winds the cable. Not sure if the regulator is considered part of the gear box. Wish I could find a parts diagram detailing this.

Regards,
BT :usa:

I think you can get the just the regulator. In fact it is listed at www.rockauto.com They are a vendor here and offer a discount for forum members.

When you get to their website, enter your vehicle info then click on Body-Interior, then click on Window Regulator. They have a bunch listed so you might want to call them or ask Ashley in the Rock Auto Question Thread about the correct one for your Ex. They probably need you VIN to make sure you get the correct one.

Dr_Z did an awesome write-up on changing the regulator: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=243401

Hope this helps out!

Back