'02 Steering Wheel removal, torx bit size needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'02 Steering Wheel removal, torx bit size needed

mikephotos

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer
I don't have the Haynes/Chilton for the 2002 Explorer yet so maybe someone here can help. I'm replacing my steering wheel and will need to pickup a torx bit to remove the wheel from the column. Can someone check their manual and let me know the size for that torx bolt. I'd prefer to pickup just the size I need rather than a whole set...thanks!

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Howard. If I don't get any confirmation for an '02 I'll pickup a T50. If it works, I'll post some pics of the wheel change, if not I'll send you a bill for the useless T50 :)

Mike

yeah, 100% right about that...can never have enough tools. just went out for a lunch break (late) and checked the prices of the T50 at the hardware store across from my job. he wanted $3.29 for the T50 and $9.99 for a 15 piece set so went for the set anyway. I'll need the smaller torx bits for other projects so why not. not horrible prices for manhattan so i just bought it.

will post pics/write-up for those that are interested.

mike

did you do that write-up yourself? That's very professional looking and extremely helpful!

Yes, I did. Thanks! Will try to add more write-ups (how to's) along with trying to complete the website.

Mike

Back