• Register Today It's free!

03 Tail Light/psycho blinker

xsls24sx

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport XLT
Ok Im pretty new to the forums, just recently purchased my 03 Explorer Sport XLT. I have been recently having a problem with the driver side tail light not working. I have checked the fuses and all seem fine. When I turn the headlights on the running light comes on, but the brake and blinker light does not work. Changed the bulbs out and even checked the driverside front blinker, which is working just psychotically blinking fast. Any suggestions and its good to be here :D.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i know for some reason thats the computers way of letting you know you have a light out is by blinking fast...

well i know for some reason thats the computers way of letting you know you have a light out is by blinking fast...

Perhaps a computer reset is in order?

maybe- if youve replaced all the bulbs and checked and rechecked their connections...may be time to take er down to autozone where they can use a comp scan tool 4 freeeeee. if no code is tripped well then the road could get bumpy ahead if you really want it fixed :confused:

You may have a short in one of your underbody trailer harness wires. The fast blinking indicates a bulb is out- whether a filament is broken in the bulb, or something is bad in the wiring making it act like it is blown.

You may have a short in one of your underbody trailer harness wires. The fast blinking indicates a bulb is out- whether a filament is broken in the bulb, or something is bad in the wiring making it act like it is blown.

You called it :). Checked the harness, you would figure ford would have just clipped on another piece of flimsy plastic lol instead of stretching out wires over a metal grounded out bumper. Retaped the harness and secured it a bit more properly. Thanks Joe appreciate it.

Back