03 X Stereo build Pics | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 X Stereo build Pics

Well I started this project in February of 07 when I got the X
I finished up in Augast
It was allot of hard work, I'm done for the most part, still have some things I want to do like:
-Replace interrior light beige panels with black Leather
-tune stereo with a rta mic
-Build a new subwoofer box with more curves on the corners and flares on the ports using bendable plywood. also so it doesn't hit the back hatch.
-The front fiberglass pods resonate really bad on some songs so I will need to thicken the fiberglass on them.
-led interrior lights

Overall I am very happy with the way it turned out. I love the way it sounds, allot better than I expected.

Will be going to allot of shows with it next summer.

Let me know what you think. ;)

Wow man, never seen anything like it before. You working for NASA by any chance? Because you can sure do, with all the things that you know. I loved it, the whole process is insane, sooo many wires and alien things in there, wow, mad props for such a work of art, very, very impressive. You sure are a tech wizard, hats off to you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got some new toys.
I had my 9519g reconed into a 10"
IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

will be a while before I build a box for it
Trying out a new product. I just got 2 new Maxwell Boostcap 430 Farad Capacitors
MaxwellBoostcap.jpg

MaxwellDatasheet.jpg

Actual total capacitance is 950 Farads :)

Wow man, never seen anything like it before. You working for NASA by any chance? Because you can sure do, with all the things that you know. I loved it, the whole process is insane, sooo many wires and alien things in there, wow, mad props for such a work of art, very, very impressive. You sure are a tech wizard, hats off to you.

Thanks man, no unfortunately I don't work for NASA, I repair refrigeration equipment for a living.

I love that you moved the hvac controls. You talked about it in the past but didyou say you just moved it by splicing in 2ft of wire then moving it?

I love that you moved the hvac controls. You talked about it in the past but didyou say you just moved it by splicing in 2ft of wire then moving it?

yupp, just spliced in about 2' of wire to get enough length to relocate it.

I realized I never complimented your work. I've read through this thread a few times during my days here. The work on your truck has never ceased to amaze me. Mad props dude. I just wish I had even just half the fab and electrical skills as you.
And let me be a little more blunt here; holy **** I've never seen so many wires in my life.

I realized I never complimented your work. I've read through this thread a few times during my days here. The work on your truck has never ceased to amaze me. Mad props dude. I just wish I had even just half the fab and electrical skills as you.
And let me be a little more blunt here; holy **** I've never seen so many wires in my life.

Lol Thanks, Don't get on here much lately so just reading this. I still have the X. looking to redo my system and go more high end audio quality. If I do it ill post pics of the work.

Back