04 Pulls at Stop Light Please Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Pulls at Stop Light Please Help

loriann1982

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 ford explorer
My 04 explorer today at two different stop lights pulls forward like trying to go (lurches?), while holding the brakes. What could be causing this? There is no check engine lights and no other symptoms that I have noticed. It did it twice. We then stopped and went in. On the drive back home it didn't happen again.
I have had my PCM reset do to the jerking forward when going from stop to acceleration. This was not the issue today because the gas wasn't being pressed at all. The reset on the PCM seemed to fix the issue for the jerking.
My transmission has been serviced and seems to be ok as well. All general maintenance is up to date.
Thank you for your time.
Update went back out to the store and it didn't do it anymore. Is this just a quirky occurrence or something to be concerned about.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My 04 explorer today at two different stop lights pulls forward like trying to go (lurches?), while holding the brakes. What could be causing this? There is no check engine lights and no other symptoms that I have noticed. It did it twice. We then stopped and went in. On the drive back home it didn't happen again.
I have had my PCM reset do to the jerking forward when going from stop to acceleration. This was not the issue today because the gas wasn't being pressed at all. The reset on the PCM seemed to fix the issue for the jerking.
My transmission has been serviced and seems to be ok as well. All general maintenance is up to date.

My guess would be "transmission/PCM" related due to the PCM being "reset". With the PCM being reset, the PCM needs to re-learn your driving habits to adjust the air and gas flow mix to the engine and transmission shifting habits. Depending on how much driving you have done since the PCM reset, it may just need more time to adjust to your driving habits. Just a tip, go easy on the gas when you pull away from a stop and go easy on the slow downs/braking when you come to a stop. Good luck!

I had a person come into my work with her car doing this, she could hold the brakes down hard and no matter what the car would jump forward, even move. I told her to hit the mechanic right away, she came back a week later and said it was a solenoid in the transmission not working correctly, combined with a faulty motor mount (which is why the car was moving) Something to look at i guess? this was a ford fusion (08?) though.

Back