• Register Today It's free!

05 ABS Error codes

wesleyk

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
I am getting an AdvanceTrac Off message in the message center and the skidding car light on. I have read the codes on my Actron CP9449 . It shows C1991 - Module Calibration Failure and C1998 - Module Calibration Incomplete. So far searches have net helped. Any idea the source and fix for these errors? TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am getting an AdvanceTrac Off message in the message center and the skidding car light on. I have read the codes on my Actron CP9449 . It shows C1991 - Module Calibration Failure and C1998 - Module Calibration Incomplete. So far searches have net helped. Any idea the source and fix for these errors? TIA

did the battery go dead recently?

if not, you probably need a new ecu. the fun part is, if it is only those codes, go pay the dealer to re pmi the abs module.

this should keep the code off. if it comes back after, you need a new ecu.

I have removed cables but this was going on before that. Re pmi means what ? Flash or program the ecu. Is this a dealer only procedure?

I have removed cables but this was going on before that. Re pmi means what ? Flash or program the ecu. Is this a dealer only procedure?

re pmi means dealer does a "Programmable Module Installation" using an ids.

my luck with those codes on that year has been pmi it, they clear and stay cleared. if they come back then i sell the ecu which is the abs control module.

2004 Lincoln navigator c1998 ABS code

I had my truck scanned under ABS and it came back with a code c1998. I brought it to a dealer to be flashed, but it could not calibrate. The check advactrac light is on. When I start the truck the message center tells me advantrac on. After driving a short distance the message center beeps saying advantrac off and then check advantrac. The dealer replaced the yaw sensor which was a complete waste of time, as it it did not repair the issue. I looked at aboutautomobile.com and it says it could be a Pressure Controller Plausibility Fault. If this is true what is this referring too? I do have air ride. The dealer also checked the steering sensor which came back good, and the reason they did this was when they tried to calibrate it, the scan tool tells them to turn the steering wheel to the left and then the the right lock position. The scan tool then asks if they completed it, they say yes, and the system then says error. I have been going over this in my head through different methods of trying to fix this. Could it be the ABS module itself, as I was also told the part number was not one of the 4 that would be in that truck and it was replaced, but that is also working. If you could help I would be very grateful, thank you. One final thing the battery died before I bought it, and the dealer replaced the battery.

Back