06 07 explorers radiator leak TSB | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

06 07 explorers radiator leak TSB

fharms

Reaction score
City, State
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
I have gone thru 5 radiators in 90k miles and paid for 2 out of pocket cause Ford will only cover the cost if you have less than 12k miles or 12 month since the last one failed never again will I buy a Ford product and i have Fords for over 35 years.

Flag Gibby

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mountaineer AWD
I have gone thru 5 radiators in 90k miles and paid for 2 out of pocket cause Ford will only cover the cost if you have less than 12k miles or 12 month since the last one failed never again will I buy a Ford product and i have Fords for over 35 years.

It sounds like you have a mounting issue for you to go through so many radiators unless your radiator cap is defective and it was never replaced causing excessive pressure buildup in the cooling system.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Mama's2006EB

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer EB
It sounds like you have a mounting issue for you to go through so many radiators unless your radiator cap is defective and it was never replaced causing excessive pressure buildup in the cooling system.

Good point, I replaced my rad a few years back, put a 16 psi cap on it as well and cross fingers, it is not leaking, 06 w/ V8.