06 07 explorers radiator leak TSB | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 07 explorers radiator leak TSB

I have gone thru 5 radiators in 90k miles and paid for 2 out of pocket cause Ford will only cover the cost if you have less than 12k miles or 12 month since the last one failed never again will I buy a Ford product and i have Fords for over 35 years.

I have gone thru 5 radiators in 90k miles and paid for 2 out of pocket cause Ford will only cover the cost if you have less than 12k miles or 12 month since the last one failed never again will I buy a Ford product and i have Fords for over 35 years.

It sounds like you have a mounting issue for you to go through so many radiators unless your radiator cap is defective and it was never replaced causing excessive pressure buildup in the cooling system.

It sounds like you have a mounting issue for you to go through so many radiators unless your radiator cap is defective and it was never replaced causing excessive pressure buildup in the cooling system.

Good point, I replaced my rad a few years back, put a 16 psi cap on it as well and cross fingers, it is not leaking, 06 w/ V8.

Back