06 mirrors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 mirrors

xplorerguru

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 explorer
im about to get some mirrors from rockauto and i have a question, id dont have heated mirrors but is there wiring for it in my ex already, so i was wondering if i could get heated mirrors and have the harness for it already.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the trucks are wired up already, just like the puddle lights working for me on the 06 set I put on my 02.

I would guess you would have defrost on your mirrors when you hit the button used for rear window.

I think the trucks are wired up already, just like the puddle lights working for me on the 06 set I put on my 02.

I would guess you would have defrost on your mirrors when you hit the button used for rear window.

defrost on mirrors is activated with just normal defrost.

defrost on mirrors is activated with just normal defrost.

Jep...what I was trying to say, but buggered it up...lol.

should all be plug and play.

Did they make colored mirrors on the gen 4's? All I remember is black and chrome, actually I should probably find out if they made the same color red an option first.

?

color matched with the body, like the aviators. Blue ex: blue mirrors, red ex: red mirrors etc.... Id like to know the answer as well

Did they make colored mirrors on the gen 4's? All I remember is black and chrome, actually I should probably find out if they made the same color red an option first.

color matched with the body, like the aviators. Blue ex: blue mirrors, red ex: red mirrors etc.... Id like to know the answer as well

Yeah. The flat black, and chrome on the 4th gen mirrors are just caps, they come off. so you can either have the XLT flat black, color-keyed to match your vehicle, or chrome.

Oh...lol

Yeah. The flat black, and chrome on the 4th gen mirrors are just caps, they come off. so you can either have the XLT flat black, color-keyed to match your vehicle, or chrome.

They do make 4th gen mirrors that do not have caps, I know because I bought some and they were advertised as having the removable shell caps. I didnt really care as my ex is black and the guy refunded me some money since he advertised them wrong. Just be careful if you are wanting the ones with removable caps.

Back