07 Explorer Grille Guard Compatibility between models? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 Explorer Grille Guard Compatibility between models?

felder747

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
(I hope the moderator was joking...since that prefix was an accident, but just to set things straight....Not a double post...)

I've had a 1996 explorer for over 8 years now pushing 170,000 miles and it's finally time to move on....

SO, I have a used black 2007 XLT all lined up, haha.

Before I purchase I had some quick questions about some aftermarket mods I am interested in doing. First, I really like the Eddie Bauer Grille. Are the grilles the same size and shape so that if I were to buy an Eddie Bauer Grille, I would be able to simply swap it out with my XLT Grille?

Also, does anyone have pictures of their explorer with wind deflectors on the sunroof and windows?

Is it possible to replace the roof rack with chrome, like on the limited model?

Finally, do they make any front bug deflectors that don't cover the chrome top part if the grille?

Let me know any other mods, you all think look good. I'm kind of a purist and absolutely love everything about this vehicle so I'm not going to do much more than maybe a grille guard, but feel free to change my mind!

Back