'07 Ford Explorer 4.0-V6 Engine Swap with 3.5-V6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'07 Ford Explorer 4.0-V6 Engine Swap with 3.5-V6

sami

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai, UAE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Ford Explorer EB
Hi guys,

Did anyone tried engine swap on last gen '07 Ford Explorer with 4wd with the new gen 3.5l-V6 or 3.5l-V6 Ecoboost with 6 speed tranny? I want to know what the take away from there?

1- is the engine swap possible at all?
2 how much of work is required?
3 what is the outcome?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thread Moved

As per my PM, I have moved your post/thread to this Forum. Good luck.

Peter

Thanx alot Peter, I was wondering for long time how to post there... :)

I'm thinking this should be asking in your year forum. Being you are wondering about the engine swap to your Ex. Everyone in here would have a 11+ model and wouldn't be swapping to the previous gen.

I don't think you will get better responses. I'd think it would be quite the project getting all the computers to communicate.

It's not only all the motor and transmission headaches. There is the need to change all the electrical to run the CPU and associated conglomerate. Nice thought but I guess I'd recommend against the swap. Wait till you can afford to move up to a 2011 or newer. You'll be money ahead in the long run.......best regards Plum

You are also having to adjust a transverse mounted motor and transmission to fit in a longitudinal set-up. Now if you were to look at the Ecoboost from the F150, that would be a much easier modification, as it will have a transmission that should be usable.

Well the idea is to have the real truck platform with the modern engine. It's never really about the money... :)

You would be better off going with a late model Mustang engine!

You would be better off going with a late model Mustang engine!
I would definitely love it... but come to think of 3.7-V6, is also not a bad idea!

Back