07 mustang intake manifold and throttle body | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 mustang intake manifold and throttle body

walkbk

Reaction score
City, State
Medford, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie 4.6l
Anybody know if a stock 07 mustang gt intake mani and throttle body would fit on my 07 4.6l ex?

The manifold will fit, the electronics will work with the new mustang TB. The problem will be that the Mustang TB is oval, and you will need a new air intake. The factory Mustang air intake system is on the opposite side of where the Explorer sits. What i have seen used (where I work) is using a JLT series 2 Cold Air Intake and flip it to fit the Explorer. Adding a aftermarket Cold Air like a JLT needs a custom calibration because the MAF diameter changes.

Bottom line is the manifold works but you will have to find a air intake system to work. and then, if it is a tune required intake, you will have to have a custom tune written.

i just saw the thread and was wondering if changing the manifold, throttle body and air intake would increase horsepower?

Just did this to my mountaineer. Not sure about the explorer, but on my 08 merc mountaineer, the top fan shroud and fan blades will now hit the cold air intake. Prob the stock intake to. It shifts everything to the left and lower (as looking at it from the front). I would say hp wise it will be minimal since the hp from my 08 to a 08 mustang gt is super close. But for bigger mods like ported heads and cams, it would make a difference having the dual tb vs single. I did reuse my K&n cold air kit. Had to cut about 2 inches off the tube where the filter goes. The oil filler neck is removed. You will need to go to an electric fan set up. And you can use a cold air kit for our vehicles but you'll need a silicone fitting that is the right size for the dual tb that reduces to fit the cold air tube. Vac lines will have to be adjusted too. I did port my tb but as of now, I didn't feel a gain.

Back