07 XLT OIL on TOP of Block after oil change | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 XLT OIL on TOP of Block after oil change

wallsofsound

Reaction score
City, State
middle of nowhere
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT & 07 XLT
So I made the mistake of not doing my own oil change ! I usually do my own maintainence but live in the tundra and its cold so i had a oil change at A quicky place ever since, I have noticed oil spots in my driveway and on top of the block in the freeze plug all the way back to the knock sensor bolt. I have only owned this 2007 XLT V 6 since January. It never leaked a drop of anything I was careful to look on top of the block because I noticed it on another 07 XLT that I was looking at before buying this one. I think they overfilled it And I am hoping the oil is from some type of oil relief valve. The dipstick is still at the top hole As it was when the oil place showed it to me but they might of never completely seated the dipstick ?
I hope my new truck is fine.
Any insights?

I dont know if there is an oil pressure relief on any car motor but if there was it would relieve the pressure back to the oil pan. If it did vent to the top of the block it would destroy the motor due to lack of oil. Also you have the problem of poluting the enviroment from the oil that was relieved and I am sure the EPA or other goverment agency would not let any car engine do that.

I will never ever go to a low wage place again. VALVOLINE

These low wage oil change and other service shops are lame YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I can't imagine how much they have cost insurance co. Consumers and others because they are about the bottom line instead of paying good help and keeping them to keep the customer happy.. And the Car healthy My car never leaked A drop of any thing until I went to them now I have oil all over my Garage floor and driveway. I would love to sue them.

Back