• Register Today It's free!

08 explorer xlt tail lights??

XxReAp3RxX

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer XLT
my wife recently busted the right rear tail light on 08 explorer xlt, looking for aftermarket tail lights I’ve found them difficult to find for this explorer. Most sites only go up to 06 and then after 08. You would think an 06 light assembly would fit but doesn’t appear to without doing some body work. Most sites have an good looking 3rd brake light but no tail light assemblies. Any help of suggestions? Maybe I’m not looking in the right place? Attached is original tail light and other image is similar to what I would like to find but am unable too. I love the smoked 3rd brake light but no sense if tail lights stay factory?

8E1F6E3E-41F0-4178-B263-8F884FF3F345.jpeg

23F9CAEC-9DE4-4574-9CAC-20CEADE8ED25.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as for the rear quarter and tail lights they are the same from 02-10 no body modifications needed at all but there are no aftermarket options for 06-10 and 02-05 have different pigtails and bulb counts so its easy to put a 4th gen into a 3rd gen but not 3rd gen into 4th gen... I always have water in my right tail and I have given up on replacing it... had the chance at my junkyard and didnt pull the trigger and haven't seen a non broken tail light now in over a year..... also with LED's I cant get the main bulb to not trigger the canbus warning no matter the size or how I wire a resistor

That’s good info, was thinking about adding led’s. Glad I’m not the only one that can’t find aftermarket

Maybe the only option for aftermarket would be to swap to the Mountaineer taillights. I imagine they would be a direct swap if your sticking with the same generation

Maybe the only option for aftermarket would be to swap to the Mountaineer taillights. I imagine they would be a direct swap if your sticking with the same generation

they are direct fit if you can find them

Back