08 STA Adrenalin Heated Seats | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

08 STA Adrenalin Heated Seats

Thanks much on that. Did you end up using the lower seat cushion heat elements that were in the 08's, even if not hooked up? If so, did you need to splice a connection in or was the connector there? I'm about to buy parts for driver and passenger side and I'm just wondering if I should get 2 new lower elements and 2 seat back elements. Part numbers appear to be the same for drivers and passenger sides. ??
Thanks again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks much on that. Did you end up using the lower seat cushion heat elements that were in the 08's, even if not hooked up? If so, did you need to splice a connection in or was the connector there? I'm about to buy parts for driver and passenger side and I'm just wondering if I should get 2 new lower elements and 2 seat back elements. Part numbers appear to be the same for drivers and passenger sides. ??
Thanks again.

I ordered and used new bottom heaters since there was no connector. I would recommend 2 new ones unless you want to splice your new harness. The part numbers are the same for the drivers side and passenger side.

Thanks again. You've been a huge help. Going to order up parts tomorrow. I have the driver's seat out of the truck. Is it tough to get the covers off? Do I have to worry about seat airbags or anything? I also have a seat motor transmission gone which raises and lowers the seat. Just a ticking noise. Guess the motor runs but a gear(s) aren't well. Ford said the "assembly" needed (it's one large assembly inlcuding all three motors and tracks) cost over $1000.00. I got lucky and picked up one at a junkyard from a 10 Mountaineer. To switch that our I have to take apart the entire lower seat. I have a shop manual but it is truly written in greek. My shop manual for my 98 wrangler is written in english, same with my Baja manual. I'm thinking I should just start pulling and unscrewing in as logical a manner that I can dream up. If you have any pointers I'd love to hear em.
Thanks again! Jim:

I have an 08 STA Im interested in the heated seat install. I don't know about the active seat belt... how can you tell?? Also does any one have all the part numbers I need to do this to my truck? Also I was thinking about adding the heated mirrors, has any one done this?

I sold my truck last year, so I can provide the part numbers off of the invoices that I used.

8L2Z-14A699-CA Passenger Side wiring harness

8L2Z-14C719-GA Driver side 10 way power wiring harness

7L2Z-14D696-A Heated seat back pad x2

6L2Z-14D696-BA Heated seat pad cushion x2

I have seen the switch listed under SW-6325 or 6L2Z-13D730-BAA. I bought mine on ebay so I actually don't have the part number. There is one listed on there now as well.

All the parts came to just under $300 and I thought it was the best addition to the truck in the cold midwest.

Hope this helps

I sold my truck last year, so I can provide the part numbers off of the invoices that I used.

8L2Z-14A699-CA Passenger Side wiring harness

8L2Z-14C719-GA Driver side 10 way power wiring harness

7L2Z-14D696-A Heated seat back pad x2

6L2Z-14D696-BA Heated seat pad cushion x2

I have seen the switch listed under SW-6325 or 6L2Z-13D730-BAA. I bought mine on ebay so I actually don't have the part number. There is one listed on there now as well.

All the parts came to just under $300 and I thought it was the best addition to the truck in the cold midwest.

Hope this helps

I have a 08 Explorer E.B. would like to add heated seats. Are these wiring harnesses under seat our do they run under carpet to dash? I also have 10 way drivers seat no memory.Manual passenger. I also have no switch in dash but from looking through cover on console looks like 2 plugs in blanks on back side of dash area where switches would be. There is already a fuse in heated seat location in fuse box in engine compartment. Do you think this would be like your install?

Back