100,000 Mile Club | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

100,000 Mile Club

Ford Tough? NO!

TheRookie said:
138,000 as of today.
heh on tranny number 6 thats SIX, motor number 2, and a whole lot of other stuff. I beat on my X so I cant complain about anything but the a4ld

You really gotta love a vehicle to be on tranny No 6 and engine No. 2 at only 138K.

My '91 just came back from the tranny shop with a 'new' rebuilt 5 speed at only 141K miles. Then there has been: new clutch at only 130K or so; water pump/fan clutch; replacement of power window units; power mirrors inoperative; rear window wipe inorperative; rear hatch pistons broke off; body rot; PS pump leaks like a sieve.

My '97 (104K) is on parking brake assembly (both sides) No. 3. Rear axles bearings replaced; Infamous blend door replaced (the engineers who designed it should be fired.); lubed for life front hub replaced. Other nickle & dime stuff.

I bought both of these Fords based on my brother-in-law's experience with an '88 F250 diesel. It had over 300K when he sold it a couple of years ago. Original engine, transmission, transfer case. One new clutch. New paint job due to the infamous Ford paint flaw from the '80s.

Prior to Xes, I had two Toyota PU. In over 350K, I replaced one clutch and two water pumps. Original engines and drive trains.

As far as I can tell, "Ford Tough" was not designed into the Explorer line. IMO, way too fragile, expecially over 50K. My next vehicle will not have a Ford logo.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

100000 mile club

I'm at 196,000 and still going strong. Only replaced front hubs (despite what the dealer tells you, you shouldn't pop it in to 4 high on slippery roads at 55 mph), radius arm bushings to cure the 65 mph vibration, full synthetic lubes all around, a few hoses and belts, gas, oil, brake pads and tires. That's about it. It's been extremely reliable. I'm looking to replace it soon but after looking at the new models, I think I'll switch brands. The 2005's don't seem to be as good a value as some other marques.

108k. Use it for wheeling, business (Realtor), and hauling engines around in the back. 1st tranny and it runs awesome.

Well i am new to the forum. I have a 95 XLT with 200K and still runs great.

Hello, new to the forum. I have a '95 Limited with 191,650.

Back