• Register Today It's free!

11 Explorer 3.5 NA Oil Analysis

gnx07

Reaction score
City, State
Villisca Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello everyone, this is my first thread and would like to share some information I have gathered on a couple oil change analysis I have had done with our 2011 Ford Explorer. Just a little background, we bought it in December of 2021 with about 118K. To be completely honest I am a gm guy as I own a 09 malibu with 268K and a 00 Silverado 1500 with 193K. We had a 13 equinox 2.4 (junk) before so after that we decided to try Ford. I did have a 98 explorer back in the mid 00's. But my wife liked the Explorer, so we purchased this one as I liked that the 3.5 duratec engine is not direct injected and maintenance is pretty easy. I had done 3 oil analyses in the last year. I use Valvoline 5w20 High Mileage Full Synthetic! I have always been interested in extended oil change intervals so I thought I would conduct one of my own. Attached below is the 3-oil analysis I have had done by Blackstone Laboratories! Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 140,000 Explorer.pdf
    26.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 146,000 Explorer.pdf
    33.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 154,000 Explorer.pdf
    28.9 KB · Views: 26

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, there are a few existing threads where members had oil analysis done by Blackstone Labs.
A couple of things to keep an eye on. The PTU if the XLT is AWD and the internal water pump. Watch for possible leaks that could ruin the engine if coolant mixes with the oil. Members have recommended PTU oil changes every 30k mikes.

Peter

Back