• Register Today It's free!

1354 Manual T-case Shifter?

Foxracin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Holly, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
What is the difference in the manual t case shifters for a 1354 from a auto trans to manual? I got a manual case bit the shifter came out of a auto and it doesn't quite work right with my manual trans. I read somewhere there was a difference bit I'm not sure what it was.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A manual transfer case with an automatic transmission? Someone must have changed some stuff to make the manual t-case work with their auto tranny, the manual t-case (and manual locking hubs) was only available in Base/Sport models with a manual transmission. At least, according to the dealer brochures.

Explorers never came factory with twin sticks(manual/manual). The only way explorers came with factory manual t case was with a auto tranny. Rangers only came factory with the twin sticks.

Right. If you say so.

My Factory sales brochures, repair manuals, and everyone on the site (including Rick) who bought their Explorer with a manual transfer case and transmission must be wrong.

:rolleyes:

Im not trying to be a dick about it.

I may be wrong but thats how I thought it was. Ive never seen a twin stick Explorer from the factory unless somebody did the conversion there selves. But I do know you could get a auto tranny and manual case. I have seen a few of those and thats how the one was I pulled.

Anyway I got the problem figured out. I remembered the back hole where the shifter bolts to the trans was slotted and I forgot all about it. Loosened it and you can move the shifter gate into the right spot and it will go into all gears and everything fine now.

And for anybody wondering there is only ONE shifter for the manual 1354. It will work with either the auto or manual transmission.

I seen an explorer on the factory ford tape for 91 explorers with manual trans and manual t-case. And seeing you figured the problem out but I thought the shifters were the same between manual and auto trans configurations

Back