15 explorer sport HID or LED using factory projection assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

15 explorer sport HID or LED using factory projection assembly

djkoga

Reaction score
City, State
WISCONSIN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey all names dj looking to get help on my wife's 2015 sport, has the factory halogen projection headlights but wanting to upgrade to hid or led bulds using the factory assembly with projection lens. Also best to get?!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to EF!

Swapped them with Philips Ultinon PRO9000 LED 5800K color temperature. Fitted and an awesome upgrade. Do not forget to finetune its beam with the included tool.

Hey all names dj looking to get help on my wife's 2015 sport, has the factory halogen projection headlights but wanting to upgrade to hid or led bulds using the factory assembly with projection lens. Also best to get?!
Welcome to the Forum dj. :wave:
Although it is never a good idea to change the type of bulb that the housing was designed for, LED may be the better way to go.
There are a few threads on upgrades and here is one of them I found using the 'Search' feature (upper right). LED Headlight Conversions

Peter

Swapped them with Philips Ultinon PRO9000 LED 5800K color temperature. Fitted and an awesome upgrade. Do not forget to finetune its beam with the included tool.
Thank you very much appreciate the help

Thank you for the help, I really do appreciate it!

LEDs work ok if you buy a really high end set, if you're on a budget nearly any cheap HID kit will work reasonably well if you put in the time to 1. ensure the bulb is clocked and centered correctly (the stock projector bulb retaining rings are sloppy and benefit a ton from being tightened, a small torx socket, can't remember the exact size off hand, can be used to tighten them and center the bulb too if you take the time) and 2. make sure your height adjustments are correct

LEDs work ok if you buy a really high end set, if you're on a budget nearly any cheap HID kit will work reasonably well if you put in the time to 1. ensure the bulb is clocked and centered correctly (the stock projector bulb retaining rings are sloppy and benefit a ton from being tightened, a small torx socket, can't remember the exact size off hand, can be used to tighten them and center the bulb too if you take the time) and 2. make sure your height adjustments are correct
The HID kits sold for this purpose are not "on-road" legal if anyone cares.

Peter

Back