15 % increase in rear wheel horsepower? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

15 % increase in rear wheel horsepower?

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4
came across this while scanning ebay.

Supercharger w/ Cold Air Intake 03-04 Explorer 4.0L V6 $154.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supercharger-w-Cold-Air-Intake-03-04-Explorer-4-0L-V6_W0QQitemZ220110586281QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33741QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

states "Our Centrifugal Superchargers Kits Produce 500 cfm of Compressed Air Moving Power and over 2psi of boost. Average increases by our tests and reported by our customers were 15% increase in horsepower at the drive wheels. "

thats cheap horsepower if thats true....no V8 model though...:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL! Not happening bro

Its bs man, lol.

I want it.......:confused:

Is that a freaken leaf blower motor...wtf

I want it.......:confused:

Is that a freaken leaf blower motor...wtf

Dont give them to much credit! Its a high powered, dual switch, super speed hair dryer motor! :eek:

Just wait til you turn it on... It give you that 'white knuckle' feel when your driving down the road... haha

I think I'd rather throw a rice canon on the back of my X.. its cheaper and does just as much :D

I wonder how loud it is?....:burnout:

Amazing what can be sold.....LOL ...Man who would buy that thing...

I see some satisfied customers on the feedback...lol

lol im sure it may help a little bit but u mite as well just get the cone filter and not worry about the "supercharger"... and 15% is DEF bs... haha u would need a twin screw or roots supercharger for that much increase... rig up ur hair dryer and save some money... make sure u tape down the "cold" button on the hair dryer to have an intercooler:cool:

It's just garbage for the ricers.:thumbdwn:

Right up there with HID light "bulbs" LOL.

Back