'16 Sport--Adding 401a package options aftermarket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'16 Sport--Adding 401a package options aftermarket

Twilk

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
I purchased the 2016 X-Sport with the 400a equipment group which is the standard equipment that comes with the Sport trim level. However, I also have some of the options that are included in the 401a equipment group such as:
Voice-activated Navigation System + BLIS® Plus Inflatable Rear Safety Belt Package includes BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross- traffic alert, inflatable rear safety belts in 2nd-row outboard seating positions, and auto-dimming rearview mirror + Dual-panel Moonroof...

If I have some of the options from the 401a package as I stated above, does anybody know if the wiring for the other equipment options is present in my vehicle just not hooked up? (i.e such as the Front 180-degree camera , the Hands-free lift-gate or the power folding mirrors).. Would I be able to simply go to the Ford parts store and just order the parts including the supporting hardware and plug them in to the unused wiring harnesses?

Thanks in advance for those who reply!

I'm sure some of the options can be added later, but not all. I'm guessing most of the wiring is already installed, just the final pieces may need to be added.

The options you do have might be add-ons separate from the 401 package. With my '14 model, I believe I could have added the BLIS and Navigation outside of the 401 package.

Folding mirrors, if you don't have them, I think you need to replace the whole mirror assembly which would have the motor.

I know with the older 5th gens('11-'14 models), if you didn't have the tow package, you could still install the tow/haul switch(and have it work) just by replacing the "dead switch."

Back