• Register Today It's free!

1984 Bronco II Hydraulic Clutch

blaste

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1984 Bronco II XLT 4x4
Hi everyone. I was amazed to find other people out here with Bronco IIs. I have a 1984 Bronco II 4x4 XLT with 2.8L V6 and 5 speed manual transmission. The hydraulic clutch has had a slow leak for a long time but something finally let go and the fluid just pored out of it. My problem is now that I can't find a replacement hydraulic system. The Ford manual says it should be replaced with a complete system that is fully charged with fluid and everything. I've been around to the wreckers and all the sets they have are different than mine. I've also read somewhere that you can rebuild the hydraulic master and slaves but it doesn't say how or where you can gets parts to do it. I am in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The B2 that is a donner for my trailer build (see trailer thread) is an 84 with a hydraulic clutch. Can you post pic, or maybe I can of mine to see if there the same? I should be able to post pic of mine by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. The engine is out and the slave thingy is just hanging there. If it's the same I'll PM you with price.

i also have an 84 and my system blew up a lil while back i called shucks and they had both the slave cylinder and the master cylinder...but they didnt have the lines...um but my mechanic was able to finde all the parts...i think he got them from oregon or somethin...but yeah it wasnt to hard to find the parts for me...

1984 Bronco 2

I just replaced the Master and Slave In my 1984 Ford Bronco 2 V6 2.8L, and the hydraulic line connecting them busted under the pressure. In the past several weeks I have been un successful in finding the hydraulic line. I see a few peopler have had the same issue. Can someone please tell me the name of a business or distrubitor who can get me this part?

Please Help

i also have an 84 and my system blew up a lil while back i called shucks and they had both the slave cylinder and the master cylinder...but they didnt have the lines...um but my mechanic was able to finde all the parts...i think he got them from oregon or somethin...but yeah it wasnt to hard to find the parts for me...

Can you give me the name of your mechanic? I need that same part. Thanks,

Hello

Westend here.

igiveup

Hi everyone. I was amazed to find other people out here with Bronco IIs. I have a 1984 Bronco II 4x4 XLT with 2.8L V6 and 5 speed manual transmission. The hydraulic clutch has had a slow leak for a long time but something finally let go and the fluid just pored out of it. My problem is now that I can't find a replacement hydraulic system. The Ford manual says it should be replaced with a complete system that is fully charged with fluid and everything. I've been around to the wreckers and all the sets they have are different than mine. I've also read somewhere that you can rebuild the hydraulic master and slaves but it doesn't say how or where you can gets parts to do it. I am in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi also from Edmonton, You can get new parts IN Spruce Grove, there is a NAPA ( complete indipendent) not part of the napa chain in name only i looked high and low found them at this store the master clutch slave 70.00 bucks the slave 120.00

Back