1991 Navajo Stereo Wiring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 Navajo Stereo Wiring

av911

Reaction score
I have a 1991 Navajo and my stereo wires are cut off(someone stole my factory stereo). Where do I find information about each wire?

Thanks

Haynes guide. Everyone should have one for thier vehicle. What wires in perticular are you looking for?

Like Skippman said, you should get a Haynes manual just because. You can even get one used on EBAY for like $3 sometimes.

Just go to Dead Link Removed and they have tons of schematics for various cars. Sorry about your radio. I guess, however, if gives you incentive to buy an aftermarket with detachable face or something.

Certain issues with aftermarket head units now is that you won't need a harness for the head unit anymore, since they cut it at the wires (you'll have to splice). You will, however, most likely still need an amp bypass. The amp bypass comes with some wire harness adapter kits, so you'll still have to get one. If you buy from Crutchfield, they should give you that for free.

Jon

This is in case you have the upper level audio mess, i found it a while ago, and it seems to be accurate. good luck. Dead Link Removed

Back