• Register Today It's free!

1993 ranger frame

Gatemann

Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer,'86 Ranger.
Hi,are the frames from a 1988 ranger excab 4x4 the same for a 1993 ranger excab 4x4 ? i can get a low mile 1993 ranger excab 4x4 for cheap($1000.00) if I can find a frame to replace the rusted out 93 one(rusted out at the rear spring hangers).A local guy can get me a 88 frame for $100.00 if it will fit a 93 . thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From 1983 - 1997, all Ranger frames are the same.

EDIT: With the obvious difference of wheelbase. 2WD and 4WD use the same frame.

Frame

From 1983 - 1997, all Ranger frames are the same.

EDIT: With the obvious difference of wheelbase. 2WD and 4WD use the same frame.

Thanks for your reply.

2WD and 4WD frames have one major difference between them: the engine crossmember is different, preventing you from interchanging the front axle brackets between them.

There are also other differences in that the front frame horns where the bumper mounts are different over the generations. '93-'97s have crumple zones. Somewhere between '90-'93 they began fully welding those engine crossmembers in as well.

Thx

2WD and 4WD frames have one major difference between them: the engine crossmember is different, preventing you from interchanging the front axle brackets between them.

There are also other differences in that the front frame horns where the bumper mounts are different over the generations. '93-'97s have crumple zones. Somewhere between '90-'93 they began fully welding those engine crossmembers in as well.

Thanks for your reply,I guess I'll have to start looking for a 93up frame.I knew where there was an 88 4x4 excaab frame was hoping it was the same as the 93 excab 4x4.

Back