1995 Aerostar with turn signal, A/C, heater, and blower motor issues. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Aerostar with turn signal, A/C, heater, and blower motor issues.

bigbill09

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 aerostar
My 1995 Aerostar's turn signals, back-up lights, and blower motor stopped working at what seems like the same time. I replaced the multi-function switch, the blower motor and blower resister. Turn signals are not working as well as the blower. Checked the fuses...seem good. Any suggestions as to what I might check now? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1995 Aerostar fuse block diagram.

This diagram was in my Ford software:

Attachments

• 1995 Aerostar fuse block diagram..jpg
    1995 Aerostar fuse block diagram..jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 5,267

thanks...I have checked #5 and #9...according to the diagram I need to check #9.

fuses are good and fuse box has power. new multifunction switch, new blower, new blower resister===still no power to turn signals, and no blower. Checked as many grounds as I could find. Found, what I thought to be, the blower relay and the turn signal relay; checked both of them with a known good relay. Both relays seem to be good. Still looking. Any suggestions?????????????

I did check the relay sockets with my multi-meter--both sockets have power. Also, I put a known "good" relay (ignition relay) in the sockets and checked to see if it was the relay. The relays must be good (the "good" relay did not fix the blinkers or the blower). How would I by-pass the relay socket? Also, I am checking the grounds (with van running and off) to see if there is voltage deviation.

A relay socket has two wires to energize the relay, and either 2 or 3 wires for the contacts. When I was referring to jumping the relay, I meant using a jumper wire in the socket in the place where the contacts would normally be (if the relay were still plugged in). The relay's main function is to behave like a switch.

Back