1995 Explorer Expedition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Explorer Expedition

Thanks Rick H. for the great site!
My Explorer is an Expedition model only done in 95. Factory parts include: grille guard, taillight guards, skidplates, HD cooling, Leather, alarm, AC, Power-Seats,Windows,Sunroof,Brakes, Steering, etc., Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Auto Headlights, 6 CD Changer, 7 speaker w/Sub, Chrome 16" wheels, Fog lights, Flares, and so forth...
My additions have been:
2" Suspension lift (Upgraded torsion bars/shackles
3" Body lift plus some Sawzall work!
K&N Air Filter
Flowmaster Delta 50
Mobil 1 fluids all around
Rear Powertrax No-Slip Locker
Rear Warrior Shock Mount/Skid Plates
Rancho RSX shocks
33x12.5R15LT Goodyear MTRs
LT285/75R16 Dunlop Radial Rovers approx. 32.8" in diameter for the street now.
Limo Tint
Cellular & CB communications
Hella Driving Lights
Upgraded Halogen Headlights 100/60
Removal of rear swaybar, Extended swaybar links in front for more travel
Hi-Lift and shovel mounted on grille guard (Hi-Lift demolished since this post...)
More to come...
Thanks again to Rick and all the contributors to this site that have inspired and educated me!
Rick

[Edited by ExplorGM on 12-22-2000 at 12:10 PM]

Tires

Rick
i remember talking to you about your baja belted tires before. I like the tread and they seem like more of an all terrain tread then a mud. I remember you saying that they are loud on the road. Are they a farely soft tire? Im curious in how they wear on the road. Also how much are they compared to the BFG mud? I want an aggressive tire, but at the same time something that can get a little mileage out of. I know the BFG mud people are getting alot of road miles out of them.
Thanks
Or you can email me back at svtexplorer@aol.com

Baja Belted Tires

They are fast wearing on the road. Fair/medium loudness on the road. I switched to AT Dunlops for the road so that they would not wear out so fast. Don't know how they compare in price though.
Rick

Back