1995 Ford Aerostar. The transmission is leaking fluid out of the rear vent. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Ford Aerostar. The transmission is leaking fluid out of the rear vent.

SPARTANII117

Reaction score
City, State
Joplin, mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 ford aerostar
I have a 1995 ford aerostar 3.0 2wd. My transmission is leaking transmission fluid out of the the vent tube on top of the transmission by the tailshaft housing. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I know im not overfilling the transmission because i just replaced the tailshaft housing gasget so the transmission lost all of the fluid when I did that. When I put 2 quarts of fluid in the transmission it just starts poring out of that vent and wont let me fill any more with out the fluid going all over the ground. I read that this could happen if the vent is clogged or the drain back holes are clogged, but how do I tell if they are clogged and how do I fix it?

Oh wow u just made me feel really dumb. I knew to do this as i already know how to add transmission fluid. I guess i just forgot. Thanks.

Be glad that it was an obvious mistake, and not some mechanical failure (which could cost a lot to repair). You'll be surprised how many people have made this mistake. By the way, could you add your vehicle, and location in your profile?

Back