1995 Ranger brake Problem! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Ranger brake Problem!

radsr2002

Reaction score
I Had a brake leak on my 1995 ranger. So I bit the bullet and replaced all the lines and hoses. I did a full complete brake job on the truck front and back. New drums, rotors, wheel cylinders, pads, calipers and master cylinder. I bench bled the master cylinder before installing.

I could not get the brakes to bleed up. I get pedal when pumped, but the pedal goes away shortly after sitting. I am not losing fluid.

I took my digital vernieers and mic'ed the distance inside my master cylinder and adjusted the rod to the proper length. I can see both cylinders working when the pedal is pumped.

Yet I still fail to develop a stable brake pedal.

Also note that I have mighty vaccumed each brake line so I am sure that it is not a air in the line problem.

Also I checked the power booster after turning the truck off and letting it sit and removed the line and got a swoosh vaccum release.

Model info:

1995 Ranger 2.3l motor without speed control.

Any suggestions???

:salute::salute::salute:

Thanks

Rick

When you hold the pedal, does stay firm or does it slowly go to the floor?

If it slowly goes down, then you more than likely have some air stuck in your ABS module. The module is a royal pain to get bled out by the DIY'er. You may have to bite the bullet and take it in to get bled. If I remember right, it takes a special tool/machine to cycle the ABS module and bleed it out.

hehe

I thought of that. So I bypassed the abs with a steel brake line. The pedal seems to hold fine when pumped. But loses it after release.

Back