1995 Ranger. Coolant & radiator problems. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 Ranger. Coolant & radiator problems.

DUPEY87

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ranger
So I have a 1995 ford ranger. I recently noticed it started losing coolant to the point where i would have to fill it up every 3 or 4 days if i ran the a/c. In addition to that, my heat gauge will never get up to more than half way hot, but it does constantly bounce around. I flushed out my radiator which was heavily corroded and days later the problems with the gauge and the coolant running low persisted. I checked for any leaks in the radiator hoses or the reservoir tank and found nothing. So I ran the engine with the radiator cap off and the radiator fluid runs out which has lead me to believe that i have a blown head gasket. Just trying to find out if my head gasket is for sure the problem, if the head gasket replacement is something I can do myself, or if i can just get some of the stop leak stuff and let it go with that. My oil is not a milky color at all and i have verified there is no coolant in the oil.

Cracked cylinder heads are common on 4.0L OHV.

Back