1996 & 1997 Aerostar. OBD-II oxygen sensor live data. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 & 1997 Aerostar. OBD-II oxygen sensor live data.

eemer600

Reaction score
City, State
Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Aerostar
I borrowed a Cen-Tech OBDII reader to read my oxygen sensor and fuel trim live data (PIDs). All other PIDs read but these two. I found a post somewhere that said that Ford light trucks initially did not correctly program these PIDs for display. The same Cen-Tech reader works fine on my 2001 Windstar, and I can see the usefulness of reading the graphing of the O2 sensor performance.

My question is: Has anyone found a scanner that will work on the 1997 Aerostar and read the O2 PIDs? I found a blog that tells how to use a scanner to test the O2 sensors, and in it the author recommends the Actron CP9580C. However, when I contacted Actron and Innova, both tech support groups respond with "If your vehicle supplies it, we can read it".

I view this as a non-answer, so what I am asking from the venerable Explorer/Aerostar forum is: Has anyone found a scanner that will read OBDII Oxygen sensor live data (PID) for the Aerostar? I have an immediate need and will buy right away if one exists. Thank you very much.

Back