1996-2001 ford explorer / mountaineer workshop manual (5567 pages!) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996-2001 ford explorer / mountaineer workshop manual (5567 pages!)

Hacra

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nurmijärvi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 Eddie Bauer
In case any of you ever tried to find proper manual to fix your car, here's one

- 1996-2001 ford explorer / mountaineer workshop manual
- 5567 pages

Warning: Loading of the file can take REALLY long due to the massive amount of pages in it.

I hope the link works (if not i'll try find alternative for the site to share from or create torrent)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It downloads to about 52% then fails. Attempted multiple times, gets to almost the same point each time.

Same thing happened to me, quits around 52% on two separate d/l clients.

Something fishy about it too, states 258MB then only tries to d/l a 58MB file, then fails at 31MB, while a download mgr. tries to get 89.7MB, and the server reports it doesn't support resuming downloads.

Probably best to make a torrent.

i'll see if dropbox works, if not -> torrent. The file is 258Mb pdf but the sharing site (above) probaly zipped it to 50 something mb*

Edit: The link has been changed to dropbox, if anyone could confirm that the download works, that'd be awesome, thanks.

I tried downloading it my self (while being logged out) and it worked. I hope this works now :)

Can anyone else verify this is good? Does it cover all year trucks? I have a 2000-2002 Ford Service but really would love one for my 96.

I actually have a ancient device called "A Book" managed to get all 3 volumes.

You know us Old Guys...

Would be nice to have a digital copy as a back up though.

As far as i know, it does cover any explorer/mountaineer model from 1996 to 2001

These models i managed to grab from the VIN number part from the start of the file

U60 — Explorer, 4x2, two-door, Sport
U70 — Explorer, 4x4, two-door, Sport
U61 — Explorer, 4x2, four-door, XL
U71 — Explorer, 4x4, four-door, XL
U62 — Explorer, 4x2, four-door, XLS
U72 — Explorer, 4x4, four-door, XLS
U63 — Explorer, 4x2, four-door, XLT
U73 — Explorer, 4x4, four-door, XLT
U83 — Explorer, AWD, four-door, XLT
U64 — Explorer, 4x2, four-door, Eddie Bauer
U74 — Explorer, 4x4, four-door, Eddie Bauer
U84 — Explorer, AWD, four-door, Eddie Bauer
U65 — Explorer, 4x2, four-door, Limited
U75 — Explorer, 4x4, four-door, Limited
U85 — Explorer, AWD, four-door, Limited
U66 — Mountaineer, 4x2, four-door
U76 — Mountaineer, 4x4, four-door
U86 — Mountaineer, AWD, four-door
U69 — US Postal stripped chassis, RHD

Also has nearly everything you need for all the different engine and gearbox models for 2nd gens.

Can anyone else verify this is good? Does it cover all year trucks? I have a 2000-2002 Ford Service but really would love one for my 96.

It's several individual PDF files joined together so no table of contents or index, and the embedded links are broken but being an electronic file that is less important... say you search for "ball joints", it'll find that. Being over 5,000 pages it does take a while to search but contrary to the initial warning it does not take long at all for it to load on Foxit Reader with my modest few-years-old system, needs about 160MB of memory to load. Might be too much for a phone to handle, then again phones these days are amazing...

http://imgur.com/rJ48fnb
rJ48fnbl.jpg

I actually got the original link to work, but the newer one didn't, just putting that out there, been hunting one for a while due to the fact I'm getting ready to disassemble a wrecked 99.

Very good. I used the link posted by J_C through the browser download option (chrome) and when extracted all the internal links work apparently. It unzipped to 257 Mb. Thanks for this.

I downloaded it, dunno why, but oof that's a huge and confusing document.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back