1997 Minor Problem With Cruise Control switches | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Minor Problem With Cruise Control switches

Scout3

Reaction score
City, State
Orange Park. Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi all,
Hope you can help me. The plastic cover on the cruise control switches on the left hand side of the steering wheel has popped up about an 1/8 inch gap. At night the light for the switches shines out and reflects off the drivers window. The glare is very distracting. I have pushed on it to try and snap it back down but have had no luck. The switches work fine it's just the annoying light. How does that cover lock back down. I don't want to break out the Duct Tape. Thanks.

Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the plastic trim piece part of the switch itself or is is a cover that can be snapped back down? Anybody?

Is the plastic trim piece part of the switch itself or is is a cover that can be snapped back down? Anybody?

if it's like the ones on the later models. the cover is part of the switch itself. you have to replace the whole switch.

Thanks, thats what I needed to know.

Ed

if you dont want to replace whole switch maybe u could try to use some epoxy or heavy duty glue and squish some in the seam to block the direct light, kind of ghetto but it might work for the most part.

Back