1998 explorer antenna wont go down | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 explorer antenna wont go down

sueg

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 ford explorer
My 1998 explorer started making a clicking noise under dash on right side, now antenna wont go down

I had issues with my power antenna, I got a replacement ford antenna from auto zone and made it work by breaking off the power antenna, prying it aside, and just installing the auto zone antenna in the hole. it was about $14, and my reception is better than the power antenna was. I didn't have to remove the fender, and personally I like the fixed antenna better. The quality of the steel on the auto zone antenna isn't good, but if it bends I can bend it back or buy another for $14.

The person i bought my mountaineer from left the power antenna up when going thru a car wash.I fixed mine with a new mast from ford.I could of done a basic antenna but the power one is so retro and cool its what vehicles had back in the day and it was considered very high end.I spent like 75$ to get mine fixed and its worth it to watch it go up and down.People think its cool.Just a nice touch to my restoration.

Back