• Register Today It's free!

1998 Ford Ranger questions

blacktop

Reaction score
City, State
Perry, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Ranger XLT
I recently bought a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT. It has the typical Ranger problems blank display on the radio, Door Ajar light on, and broke Center Console Armrest. Other than that it seems to be outstanding. Is there or is there not a Cabin Air Filter on this vehicle? I have seen yahs and nahs. Advance Auto says there is and AutoZone says I have to get a kit from the dealership. I have the 4.0 V6 if that matters. Another question: Is it possible to mount a 1998 Ford Explorer Overhead Console Digital Compass in this Ranger since these two models are so similar. I do not have a moonroof/sunroof but I like knowing the outside temperature and the direction I'm heading! Thank you!

Thanks!

I will try the overhead console upgrade.

Ready to Try

OK, I have received all of the pieces required for this upgrade - Explorer Overhead Panel, a lot of wire harness, mounting bracket, and outside temperature sensor. 2 questions - 1. Where does the outside temperature sensor mount? I have read threads where it says "up front" but I need a little more info please. 2. How far forward does the leading edge of the overhead panel lay on the headboard? Should both front edges be flush, the panel back an inch from the headboard leading edge, it doesn't matter? Seems like the curve of the overhead panel would dictate a precise fit. I'm sorry to ask maybe basic questions but I am not a mechanic, I like for things to look professional, and I'm just a retiree with too much time on his hands.

Back